Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hope Lit International Data Base

For those of you who read this blog from time to time, I will not be posting for the next little while. I don't want to say how long because it may only be a couple of weeks. What I do know is that if I do post during the month of June it will be very sporadic.

I will be back in full force in July and look forward to reflecting on what I am learning about hope on this site once again. In the meantime, you may want to check out the International Hope Data Base that you can access on the Hope Foundation of Alberta's web page at www.ualberta.ca/hope. It is the only data base of its kind in the world and is used by anyone who wants to know more about a specific topic on hope.

When I started at the Hope Foundation, we had one filing cabinet on hope research - theoretical and applied. About 2004, it became apparent that we could not house the articles in the Jack Chesney Resource Centre at Hope House. So a summer student created a taxonomy of hope articles and books on a variety of hope topics. Now you can look up a topic, see what has come to our attention (we have search engines letting us know what is new) and then obtain what you need to know to be able to obtain it.

No comments: