Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Looking Forward and Back

It's funny, but when I started this blog I could not stop writing on it. This summer something else happened. I got busy finishing up a few publications and I pretty left this blog to fend for itself. Funnier yet, blogs don't do well when left alone to fend for themselves. I guess I hoped that someone would contact me ~ let me know what they think about my musings in relation to their experiences.

In the meantime, I did publish. The 'Nurturing Hopeful Souls' resource with hope-focused practices and activities for working with children and youth is being printed as I write this. I have to secure an ISBN number and the cover to add to the 'Teacher Hope Initiative Story' monograph and then that publication will be ready to print. I had wonderful discussions with teachers who were attending the Alberta Teacher's Association Summer Conference in Banff in mid August. I created my first ever digital story last week and am excited about sharing what I learned with teachers and students who participate in the Hope-Focused Service-Learning program.

It has been a summer to catch up. Now it is time to gear up.

We have three Hope-Focused Service-Learning workshops planned on October 3, January 23, April 24 and a celebration wrap-up scheduled for July 2.

We have a 'Nurturing Hopeful Souls' Workshop planned for October 16. Those attending this workshop will receive a copy of the resource and will have a chance to participate in the practices and activities in a safe environment.

I am looking forward to working with the St. Albert Rotarians early in September as they step forward to mentor the new Hope Kids in the various projects that we have been building over the last four years. Funding from TD Trust in St. Albert will also help us move forward on some of the new ideas that developed since our last wrap-up meeting on July 3.

I am looking forward to the 'Principals of Hope' seminar that we have planned for February 3.

It seems that I am learning that hope is about endings and beginnings...looking forward and back.

No comments: