Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Story from One Who Inspires Me

I am very fortunate to work with some of the most awesome people in the world. One of them is Wendy Edey. She is Director of Counselling at the Hope Foundation of Alberta.

When I arrived to work with the HOPE KIDS program, she gently stood by my side to help my find my way. When I was called out for the first time to work with grade eight students and their teachers, it was Wendy who told me stories of things she did with students that gave me the courage to go out to hear about their hope. It was her encouragement that helped me begin to pull together the Nurturing Hopeful Souls resource. In addition to her talents as a hope-focused counsellor, Wendy is a story teller extraordinaire.

In her most recent posting on The Hope Lady Blog, Wendy tells what happened when she visited a classroom of very young students who wanted to share their hope representations with her. I urge you to check out Wendy's story called "Drawing Hope in the Classroom" because it is one that I have often experienced, but have not been able to say so eloquently!!

No comments: