Monday, May 18, 2020

Making Sense of Our Storied Experiences of Hope and Hoping

As I listen to stories of hope and hoping during this pandemic, I don't hear many stories about setting and attaining goals.

What I am hearing, are stories of having the time and energy to participate in the meaningful and relevant activities that nourish our souls. I see and hear individuals reaching out to those they haven't connected with for a long time. I hear people telling stories about the small moments that make their day.

This makes me feel hopeful because I know how a narrative conception of hope (LeMay, 2014) has enhanced my own wellbeing long before the pandemic set in.

I imagine that when we look back at this time that we will see that although things did not turn out the way we hoped, that we are okay with how things did turn out. For this is how I've learned to understand my storied experiences with hope and hoping before the pandemic became a reality.

I am hopeful that individuals will join me in learning more about what transpires when attend to making hope visible and accessible in their storied experiences in the very near future!!

No comments: